Saturday 13 August 2011

Tiny update...

Our dice arrived this week, and they are perfect. The colour I asked for turned out to be (in the flesh) different shades of deep red swirled together with gold. So beautiful that it's a shame they're only little plastic dice and not some kind of gorgeous ornamental glassware!

Secondly, we hired a cake maker this week from the website I've already referred to. The cake I've ordered is (copying and pasting from the invoice):

2 tier (10" and 7") chocolate and caramel mudcake, decorated with white fondant, diamond embossed pattern with edible gold cachous, dark red ribbon, dark red sugar roses, fondant covered board with ribbon trim.

The cake on her website which provided me with inspiration is below. Basically it's the same cake, only round, without butterflies, with red ribbon instead of black, and gold cachous instead of silver.



So can you picture that? I think it will be nice and simple, incorporate my colour theme without overdoing it... but most of all, be stupendously delicious, with the bottom tier chocolate and the top caramel. I might have to try and sneak a piece of both on the night!

1 comment: