Saturday 1 October 2011

Back again already...

... but a couple of wedding-y things happened today. Firstly we went to our second meeting with our celebrant, which turned into my poor man suffering through an hour and a half of me and her gas-bagging about weddings and life in general. But she is totally awesome and I can't wait for our ceremony now; it will be straightforward and simple with nothing particularly original or any extras, but I am still excited. I asked her if we could please try and keep it light rather than overly romantic, as I have a massive fear of crying during the ceremony; I really really don't want to cry cause I'll be embarrassed and self-conscious. I don't care if people expect it!

Secondly, we went to Solid Gold this afternoon as we had to go into the city, and we ordered our wedding rings. The engraving we have decided upon is both romantic and geeky; the word "Soulbound". It is geeky because when you get an item in World of Warcraft that you can't trade or sell, it is referred to as Soulbound, hehe. I am having "Soulbound ~ 14/04/12" on the inside of my ring, and my fiance will be having the date and maybe our names inside his, and the "soulbound" is going to be engraved on the outside in Elven font (Lord of the Rings). His last wedding ring had an Elven wedding verse engraved upon it, and he still likes the design but for obvious reasons doesn't want to replicate the ring exactly. He still needs to email them to finalise exactly what the engraving will look like apparently.

That's it for now. Two updates in two days, some sort of record. :) There probably won't be another one until after my hair and make-up meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment