Tuesday 3 July 2012

Limbo Land

I'm settling in well here in lovely Brisbane. We are renting a beautiful new apartment, and my cats have adapted brilliantly. Still waiting on a wall to be patched up and for blinds/curtains to be installed, then I can place the last couple of pieces of furniture and unpack the last couple of boxes... hopefully this will happen soon as it's annoying me not being able to have everything looking perfect.

Alan was on the phone to my FS's rooms yesterday. They told him that I can have my follow-up appointment with FS through Skype at some stage, and that it would be possible for me to continue treatment with them if I were to fly to Perth for the two or three or so weeks I'd be taking drugs and having EPU and ET, then come back to Brisbane for the two-week-wait and have my final BT here. It might actually be worth considering, despite how inconvenient it is getting from my parents' place to the clinic and back, as I have had a rough quote from a Brisbane clinic, who said I'd be looking at paying $8000 - $12000 up front for a cycle, which is just excessive compared to what I paid in Perth. I have heard through the grapevine that my clinic have put their costs up, but I believe it will still be cheaper than here. I need to check though. And when you add on the cost of a return flight, who knows?

But it would save me from having to start all over again with a consult etc. at a new clinic.

Anyway, I've been sufficiently distracted up til now, but I'm getting anxious to try again.. Also, if we can get in a couple more attempts before the end of the year, then we will be making the most of the Medicare Safety Net before it resets next year. We "tried naturally" this month (even though we know it's in vain), cause really, it can't hurt. And miracles can happen I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment