Friday 31 August 2012

Lame!

Just going to copy and paste what I've posted on a couple of forums just now. Don't feel like typing it all up again with more detail, cause everything sucks and I'd rather just move on. 

Anyway:

Shitty, shitty update from me, I'm afraid.

10 eggs, 6 mature.... then just before I was discharged, the lab called to say that they'd thawed all four straws of remaining sperm, and found nothing suitable for ICSI (zero motility). They said they would call back with an update later. 

On the way home I heard from them again. They'd found one wriggler. One. So they have ICSI'd one of my six mature eggs, and if it fertilises, I will have another pointless, stupid zygote transfer tomorrow. My other five eggs will be vitrified, and I will probably store them in Perth for our return in 2 years.

Next step is changing to a Brisbane clinic and trying surgical extraction for Alan.

The only good thing about today is that Alan managed to get my flight changed, so I am going home tomorrow. I am so excited for hugs with him and snuggles with my kitties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment