Wednesday 29 May 2013

Make-or-break (aka ICSI #5) - CD 1

I started spotting late yesterday afternoon, after POAS (just a cheapie) at lunchtime; a sure-fire way to get AF started! Can't believe it worked. Then again, it could have also been my acupuncture appointment yesterday morning... she did use the delightful heat lamp on my belly (mmm, my best friend!), which may have done something too.

So anyway, here I am, at the base of this gigantic mountain that I'm about to start climbing... I can see the peak in the far distance, as I squint into the sun. About a 14-day trek, I estimate, give or take. Once I reach the top, I don't know what will happen. I could be setting up camp for nine months, which would be ideal, but there is also a very real chance that I will trip and stumble, and plummet down the horrifyingly sheer precipice on the other side. It's happened five times now, but I've kept climbing the same mountain over and over again, hoping that for once I will keep my balance. However, if I'm to fall yet again, this time I will let the river far below carry me along a different path to a brand new mountain, which will hopefully not be as steep or high, and won't have any trip hazards at the top. I'll also have another lady climbing alongside me, so her presence will steady me, and if I start to teeter, she can grab my wrist and drag me to safety.

But for now, I'll secure my spiked boots (Gonal-F), equip myself with climbing picks (Saizen and Orgalutran), tighten my harness (the arms of my amazing husband), and be on my way... wish me luck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment