Tuesday 5 July 2011

Photos-a-hoy-hoy

All my centrepieces have arrived as of Monday, the only thing I need to do now is order a huge smegging bunch of beeswax tealights and pillars to put in them! But because I'm excited that I've finally got all the holders, I'm going to post pics of them anyway. I'll also put the World of Warcraft table name that applies to each one, and why I've made these associations (some of them are a stretch!).


Orgrimmar
These hurricane vases are the sturdiest of all my table decs, and that can be associated with both the solid stone architecture of Orgimmar itself, and the character of the native Orcs, whose motto is "Strength and Honour".


Darnassus:
This city is the home of the Night Elves, who are in very in touch with nature and all things pure and good. The city is situated in a green, lush foresty locale. So the Darnassus table will have these lovely flower holders.



Ironforge:
Well, this one is obvious. I've simply played on the name of this Dwarven city by literally using a wrought iron lantern holder.

Silvermoon:
The beautiful city of the Blood Elves features a lot of domed, Mosque-like roofing and red crystal features, and building interiors are reminiscent of romantic Arabian decoration; red velvet lounges, gauze-y opaque drapes, and so forth. So this lantern fits perfectly with such a theme.

Exodar:
Exodar is actually a crashed spaceship that the Draenei species (who crashed it) have converted into their capital city. This large holder from IKEA is kind of modern compared to the other holders I've chosen, and the most "space-y" in style, so I thought it suited best.

Thunder Bluff:
This city sits very high above its surrounds, atop a huge pillar of rock. It is also made up of several different levels. So three guesses why these tealight holders fit so well!

These six cracked glass holders are the first thing I bought for the wedding, and will be spaced along the bridal table in front of each attendant, with the bouquets forming a central floral arrangement.

A gold and red pair of the flower holders for the cake table, just cause I liked them so much I wanted to use them elsewhere as well.

Finally, here's a mock-up of a bonbonniere box/placecard combo, although the finished product will most likely look just like this anyway.


I've got my dress sorted; it was 50 million times easier than I ever thought possible... obviously as much as I want to I can't post a pic on the off-chance someone happened upon this page, like my fiance for instance! But needless to say I'm excited about dressing like a princess for the day, although I'm sure by the end of the night I'll probably be screaming to get out of it and get into some trackies. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the centrepieces. They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete