Friday 22 July 2011

What an awesome and productive day!

I am in a very good mood tonight. I had appointments today for both bridesmaids' dresses and flowers, and both were incredibly fruitful; they are now both ordered and have the deposits paid.

I'm like some sort of organised easy-going super-bride from the future.

But seriously. I can't believe how simple all this has been so far. I'm sort of living with this constant feeling of "when is this going to get harder?...." Everyone keeps going on about how stressful it is organising a wedding, but I really don't get it.

Yet. I've probably jinxed myself a million times over for writing that!
Anyway, my beautiful bridesmaids have been fitted out and their dresses have been ordered. I'm more excited about seeing them all looking amazing than I am about myself. I keep imagining I'll just look like everyday-me wearing a big pouffy white dress!

Links to the girls' gowns:
Junior bridesmaid
Junior bridesmaid and Maid of Honour - The junior bridesmaid will have straps similar to the above style
Matron of Honour

The lady from the bridal shop gave me a swatch of the colour, "Claret". Just out of interest I compared it to the colour of the centrepieces, the only other red things I have purchased for the wedding. I thought they wouldn't match as all the candle holders are a deep red-red, whereas the fabric is a burgundy-red, but they actually match pretty well. It's a highly unimportant detail that no one in their right mind would notice, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

I was able to take that swatch to the florist I had an appointment with today. Stacey from Beans and Bunches has a very quaint little "hole in the wall" kind of a shop in an arcade in Northbridge. She took us into her back room where we sat down at an adorable tiny wooden table with matching chairs, and I showed her the bridal party colour and my floral inspiration pics (in a previous post). She scribbled down all the flowers she could spot in my favourite examples and put together a list of the flowers she could include in our bouquets, and how many of each. I was my typical self and agreed with pretty much everything she suggested. And I am so excited now, they're going to be beautiful! The red roses incorporated into each bouquet will match the Claret so nicely as they are a lovely dark red. She had some there just by coincidence, and when I held the swatch up to them they were EXACTLY the same colour.

My bouquet will have: 3 x yellow roses, 4 x red roses, 3 x orange roses, 6 x orange/yellow calla lillies, 6 x red/orange freesias, 2 x orange/red carnations, 3 x orange gerberas, will be edged with camellia leaf and bound with creamy gold satin.

My Maid and Matron of Honour will have: 3 x yellow roses, 3 x red roses, 3 x orange roses, 4 x orange/yellow calla lillies, 4 x red/orange freesias, 2 x orange/red carnations, 3 x orange gerberas, edged with camellia leaf and bound with burgundy satin. The junior bridesmaids will be the same only without the carnations and gerberas.

I think the delivery of the flowers will be one of my "girly bride-y" highlights of the day. Can't wait. :)


1 comment:

  1. Woot!!!
    You are very organised! I am glad you had a good day m'dear. Turns out I am suffering a bit as I
    had a kick arse tv nap this arvo. I'm stoked about the dresses, I think we'll all look lovely...and Grace and Rosie are obviously super excited aswell! :) Now I get to be boring and go back to uni.
    Look forward to hearing more! xx

    ReplyDelete