Saturday 2 July 2011

Now things are really happening...

My parents are finally back from their two month jaunt overseas, and today we were able to sit down with them and discuss things. I cannot believe how generous they're being with footing the bill for pretty much all of the main expenses, but I suppose I'm their only daughter and this is the only wedding they will host, so I guess it must be a big deal to them.

One of the things I'm delighted that they agreed to was my rather emphatic desire to have Tres Classique play for our ceremony. I discovered the website for these guys years ago, and have wanted them to play at my wedding ever since. So the other day I sent them an email to ask for a quote, absolutely expecting them to be way too expensive for our humble little wedding. I was pleasantly suprised by their quote, and Mum and Dad must have agreed it was worth it, so I am so excited to say that we will be booking them, provided they are still available on our date (as they were six days ago).

Mum likes my inspiration pics for flowers that I posted below. When I told her I didn't want white ones she completely agreed with me. She also likes one of the dresses I have my eye on from Legends Bridal, so hopefully I will be able to try it on on Monday when we go there.

I can't believe I will be legitimately able to go into a bridal store and have the staff fuss over me, even if they are completely fake and unconvincing.

It's all going to start happening now, it's so exciting.

I should have all of my table centrepieces sometime this week; just waiting for a couple of things I ordered from eBay to arrive. I will post photos of all of these once I have them. Sans candles, since I am planning on ordering them in one hit once I work out how many I need and what sizes. I am planning on getting beeswax candles as they are more environmentallty friendly and less carcinogenic.

Oh, and I regret to say that like our geeky cake topper, the Harry Potter invite letters are going by the wayside. My reason being that for the effort I would need to put into them to be satisfied, I was unconvinced that enough people would get a kick out of it, plus I ran the risk of people thinking to themselves "hm, that's a little bit tacky". I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but really, the last thing you want is for people to be thinking any ill thoughts towards your wedding before they even send a reply card. So instead I'm going to be boring and will be ordering the invitations and RSVP cards that are in the matching design to my save-the-date cards. Which I will be sending out this week since I've got some time to get things done. Yay for annual leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment