Wednesday 13 June 2012

Think I'm out...

Well, today was the first day I can finally say that my HPT was negative. There is still the faintest shadow of a line there, but I can only see it because I know it's there, if that makes sense. Yesterday's very faint test in comparison looks like a strong positive.

The bad thing about this is that I am now 12 days past "ovulation" (or in my case egg collection), which is when HPTs are around 80% accurate. So my chances of getting a positive in two days after a negative today is not great, to say the very least.

Additionally, my boobs have stopped hurting which can't be good, and I feel in my belly that AF is coming. A few days ago I kind of "felt pregnant"... even though I don't know how that feels. I kind of had little twingey abdominal pains and felt like my lower pelvic muscles were all tight. But that has gone now too.

Everyone on IVF forums keep telling me not to lose hope until my bloods on Friday confirm, but I would just feel too naive being hopeful right now. Besides, I'd much rather be expecting the worst and possibly getting a pleasant surprise (yeah right) than hoping for the best and getting crushing disappointment instead. Which is why I've been testing every morning this week.

Just two more days til this is all over; I can stop sticking pessaries up my arse, I can go and be with my husband in Brisbane, and I can start saving up for and getting "excited" about IVF ICSI #2.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, and hoping for a better result on Friday x

    ReplyDelete