Friday 14 September 2012

Yep, that's what I thought

Confirmed negative blood test today. But I definitely didn't need the confirmation, the phone call was simply a formality.

In more positive news, Alan and I went to the GP and got referrals to our new FS in Brisbane today, AND I was able to book us an initial consult with him on Thursday next week! So we only have to wait less than a week to (hopefully) get the ball rolling again. Better than I could have hoped.

I really want to do one more cycle before the end of the year, starting in October or November. I'm hoping that we can do a cycle with TESE (where they attempt to extract sperm directly from the testes) with donor sperm as back-up in case they don't find anything. I have no idea whether they will have any donor sperm that will be ready to go though... I hear so many differing stories; people who were able to start straight away vs. people who had to wait 18+ months for a donor! I think it just depends on the clinic and what their programs are like.

Anyway, after a mini-meltdown where I was crying all over poor Alan the other night, I am so very ready to move on now. Each day is one step closer to me being able to hold my baby in my arms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment