Tuesday 21 June 2011

Flower-spiration...

I realised something a few days ago: I want bright bouquets. For all us girls, including me. Don't get me wrong, white bridal bouquets are gorgeous. But sometimes they tend to get lost in the dress, and are just so... mainstream. And I want to be holding something bright and bold and amazing. So I've been looking for pics of bouquets that suit the colour theme, and make a vivid statement. It seems that red roses and yellow calla lilies are a popular combination, as well as yellow and red freesias, tulips, and a splash of orange here and there. Orange isn't a part of my proposed colour scheme, but I think the bouquets that include orange look pretty incredible, so they might find their way into my wedding flowers.

The following piccies are inspiration and guidance for whichever florist/s I end up meeting with. I have no idea what flowers are readily available in April, but hopefully she'll (he'll??) be able to whip up something fabulous for us. The five bouquets combined will also be bridal table decorations.



















After being told by my uni friend that she'd already received a save-the-date card from another friend for our date, I thought I should get my arse in gear and order some from vistaprint.com.au . Here is a thumbnail of the one I ordered last night. They have invitations in the same design; I'm thinking of getting some to put in with the Harry Potter letters just so people have an easy reference and something to stick on their fridge. Vistaprint are so cheap, I love it. I got 40 of these cards, plus plain envelopes, for $39 including postage.



2 comments:

  1. Hey lovely, Sorry - I've been quite busy and now I've just heard a Sophie squawk so this will be quick. My friend Nichola used to work at Stems Floral Design with her mum - I think her mum owns it. Website is www.stemsfloraldesign.com.au. You can always have a chat to them about flowers or I can give you Nic's email if you want to ask her. She isn't working there now because she's moved to Darwin to be with her beau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you seem to know people who can do everything! Thanks. :) That reminds me that I still need to get in touch with Tracie at some stage..

    ReplyDelete