Tuesday 23 October 2012

Happy dance

The red witch is here and I can finally get this show on the road. I phoned up the clinic this morning and left a message for the nurses, and one of them called me back a few minutes later. She updated me in the system, made sure I had all my drugs, then put me through to the receptionist so I could book my first scan. That's right, no stupid blood tests this time; our new FS generally judges all timings and medication adjustments by performing just one or two scans leading up to EPU. So my first scan will be CD 10, which is next Friday. For now, I'm waiting til this Friday (CD 3) when I will start jabbing Gonal - F, then in a week from today (CD 8) I will add Cetrotide to the mix, which is the antagonist that will stop me from prematurely ovulating (hopefully!!).

And so until Friday, I will sit here cuddling my hot water bottle (these period cramps have gotten stronger as I've gotten older, I swear!), and dare to dream that maybe, just maybe, this is the last time I have to do this... until we try for a sibling, of course. I'm throwing everything I reasonably can at getting a good lining this time around, as it has let me down the last two cycles. I am drinking pomegranate juice every second day, will be trying to eat lamb a couple of times a week as recommended by a fellow IVF-er, and as per the advice of my old FS, I will continue taking 500mg of Vitamin E every day, in addition to whatever amount is in my daily Concieve Well Gold multi-vitamin.

Last night I was looking up obstretricians who deliver at what will probably be my chosen hospital in Brisbane. Alan said that he was really happy that I was doing this, as it showed positive thinking and cemented for him that I really believe this could work. I agreed, but also said that it's more to do with preparation than anything else; if I want to have someone with a decent reputation, I would basically have to book as soon as I got my first blood test results, or I could miss out on the best options. So it's best to be prepared, because even if this particular cycle doesn't work, our next one could (which wouldn't be til early next year, at least), and if I already have an obs and a couple of back-ups chosen then I won't have to worry about it again. Unless they retire in the meantime... hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment