Monday 28 May 2012

First blood test

I had my first blood test today since starting the Gonal-F. My oestrogen came back at 1529; I have no idea if that's good, but I'm assuming for now that it's okay as they told me to keep injecting the same dosage. My first ultrasound will be on Wednesday morning, and I will get to see how many follicles are developing on my ovaries, and what size they are. Hopefully there are a decent amount coming along nicely! But not too many of course.

I've been trying to see if I can "feel" anything happening down there, and I think I can feel a little pressure starting to build, and some twinges. But it's really hard to tell as the imagination can play tricks on you... I know this only too well after spending the better part of two years imagining early pregnancy symptoms! *eye roll* The nurse told me this morning that I shouldn't really be feeling anything yet anyway, cause if I am that would suggest possible overstimulation, which as I've mentioned can turn out very badly.

I'm a little concerned that they may schedule my EPU for Saturday if things are going well. I don't know if they even do procedures on Saturdays at my clinic, but my husband flies to Brisbane in the middle of the day, and as well as wanting to take him to the airport and see him off, I need someone to take me to and pick me up from the hospital, and stay with me overnight to make sure I recover okay. My parents are away in York for the long weekend, so Mum's not an option... hopefully the clinic will wait until Tuesday or something, otherwise I could be in trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment